Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 10 EOC: Erin Brockivich vs Flash of Genius

In comparing the two films, I can see why Flash of Genius didn’t to do too well in the theater. Flash of Genius was the dark reality of what litigation can be. Robert Kearns’s story of heart break is just horrible. The big corporation taking an idea from the little guy is something that happens more often than not I’m sure. It took 20 years for him to finally receive a moral triumph; Even though he didn’t receive as much as if he would’ve settled. I consider myself as a designer or an artist and if someone stole my idea I would be very upset also. I’m not sure I would let it consume 20 years of my life though. I could see that he was a beaten man at the end of it all. Is it really worth losing everything just to be found morally right? Erin Brokovich was a feel good movie that hardly showed the reality of litigation. The big corporation in this film was in the wrong once again. It seems that once a company gets that large they just do whatever they want. Erin Brokovich in the film was portrayed in the film unlike any other lawyer that I’ve ever seen or heard about. The lawyers that I’m used to dealing with or hearing about are Lawyers that are greedy and pretty unscrupulous. I did feel good when the large corporations in both films were defeated. It seemed almost impossible when you think what both Dr. Bob Kearns and Erin Brokovich were up against. In the end I enjoyed both films and I’ve learned when it comes to business not to trust anyone. I also learned that to keep all documentation of your work o have something to back you up if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment