Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My own argument and opinions

The world we live in today is a very different world than our parents lived in. Are there any new and original ideas anymore, or are there only ideas that have been put together in different ways from multiple sources and inspirations. This class has taught me a valuable lesson in that, it's tough out there in the "real world" and I should always be on guard when it comes to my intellectual property. The book states that "Any unauthorized use of copyrighted work that violates the copyrights owner's exclusive rights in a work constitutes an in infringement" (Patent, Copyright & Trademark. Nolo 11th Ed. p235). The films that we viewed taught me how difficult and costly litigation can be. "Unfortunately, few businesses, nonprofits, or educational institutions can afford to call an attorney with every question''. (Patent, Copyright & Trademark. Nolo 11th Ed. p1). Trying to track down a lawyer that would spend 5 minutes with me opened my eyes about most lawyers and how they do business. "Lawyers only take cases that they think they will win" (Frank Pinto 2010). For me to actually go after someone that uses a work of mine could be very expensive. So what this all means is business is business, and there is very little honesty in business. This is why I will keep the book Patent, Copyright & Trademark. Nolo 11th Ed. on my bookshelf throughout my career and refer to it whenever I have a question regarding one of these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment