Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week1EOC: My Voice


Design,
This is something that I’ve always loved; I just never discovered that till my first purchase of a home. When I purchased that house I found myself wanting to spend every working moment designing and picking out furnishings for each room in the house. I think back to when I was growing up to all the times I would sketch houses and designs of cars. After years of making excuses, I finally made the plunge. I went back to school at the ripe old age of 39. I am learning something new every day and have met some amazing people in school. I am inspired every day by my surroundings. I work at the Wynn, where Roger Thomas has created an amazing space. From a design aspect I couldn’t pick a better place to work. My favorite type of design is a cross between contemporary and modern with a touch of Art Deco. Everywhere you go you will find something in that space that a designer has designed.  My feild touches people's lives in various ways everyday. Whatever furnishings, or paint, or even the fabric on a pillow that I spec out for a space can envoke many different emotions. I don't take that power lightly. The power a Designer has to create beauty is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment