Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 3 EOC: Jeopardy- Challenges and Opportunities

I have been in this school for 2 years now and I think this is one of the best ways that any instructor has approached the subject of learning definitions. I have a hard time remembering definitions especially terms that don’t interest me that much. The subject of patent law is probably of the most boring subjects to learn definitions. The challenges of the jeopardy game are trying to figure out what goes first. I keep getting confused on asking the question first. My mind wants to do it the other way around.  Trying to come up with funny or clever titles is another challenge. The example of another student game helped. The student had very funny titles for her categories, just like the real life game. One of the titles was “my lawyer is on line 1”, that’s just funny. One of the other titles was “hey you can’t do that”. Both of these titles are very clever, I’m going to have to step my game up.  The opportunities are that I might actual learn these definitions; learning for me is helped by repetition and I am going have to do a lot of repetition. Some of these word and definitions are definitely new to me. There are so many aspects of the law and we won’t be able to go over everything in one class. I look forward to using such words as patent owner which is usually the inventor unless the invention and patent rights were assigned.  I always wondered what Patent Pending meant when I had seen it on products, now I will have the knowledge that patent pending is when a patent application has been filed in the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. If it wasn’t for this activity I really don’t think I would retain any of these definitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment