Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 6 EOC: illicit

My girlfriend recently went to went to Cambodia to visit family. While she was there she went to the local market and bought three Breitling watches and around five Louis Vitton bags for $100.00. Each watch that she bought if real was worth between $5,000 to $7,000. When she got back and gave me the watches I was excited to receive them. They looked so real and heavy like the real deal. I was amazed at how nice they looked. I haven’t worn them yet, I felt weird wearing such an expensive watch. After viewing the movie I definitely won’t wear them. I have to admit that I’ve bought illicit items before and have worn them with no qualms. I now feel bad for that. All the items that I’ve owned that were illicit were bought because I wanted to feel good about myself and what I had, I wanted to “keep up with the Jones’s “. I vow to never do that again. I think this movie was a real eye opener. The effects of sales of these illicit are far reaching. When I purchased these items in the past I had no idea the ramifications that my actions were. I’m going to talk to my girlfriend about this film and find it on the internet and show it to her. I’m sure after watching it she will have the same reaction that I had. It is really sad that this happens almost unthwarted in by officials in law enforcement. It’s sad to see all the corruption in the world that lets things like this happen. I deal with luggage every day at my job, and I have become pretty good at picking out fake Louis Vitton bags. It amazing how many I see on a daily basis. I wonder if those people saw this movie would they purchase another knock off. I hope not

No comments:

Post a Comment